How do I get a quote?
How do I place a product order?
Please complete our online quote request form and submit. Be sure to include any special instructions along with your order. We will contact you within 24 hours. Alternatively you may contact us via telephone 1-250-483-0308, or by email.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, IPA ships all over the world. Please email@example.com for more details.
What types of payment options are available?
ImmunoPrecise accept Visa and MasterCard. Payments via purchase order are also accepted.
Is there client and project confidentially?
Yes. All client information and project details are confidential and will not be shared without the client’s permission. IPA has Service Agreements that define these details. We routinely sign MTA’s and CDA’s with clients.
Who owns the antibodies generated from the project?
The client has 100% ownership of the cell lines and antibodies generated unless another arrangement has been made.
Are there any money back guarantees?
ImmunoPrecise guarantees that all of its catalogue products meet their listed specifications. Should you have a technical issue with one of our products, please contact our technical services group with your specific query. If it is determined, solely by ImmunoPrecise, that one of our products has failed to conform to its specifications, we will be pleased to replace the product free of charge or issue a credit for the total purchase price of the non-conforming product.
What are the deliverables for antibody projects?
- Mouse and Rat Monoclonal Antibody Projects:
- The client can choose up to 5 cell lines from each project. Deliverables are 6 frozen cryovials produced from each of the 5 cell lines and 40mL of overgrown tissue culture supernatant from the 5 cell lines.
- Rabbit Monoclonal Projects:
- The client can choose up to 5 clones from each project. A clone constitutes one heavy chain and one light chain pair of vectors. Deliverables are pairs of vectors containing heavy and light chain from each of the 5 clones and 20mL of vector transfected cell culture supernatant (containing expressed antibody) from the 5 clones.
Note: Additional cell lines and clones above the 5 are available for a fee.
- Polyclonal Projects:
- Deliverable is the raw immune serum prepared from the terminal bleed of the animal. Purification of the raw sera is available upon request. Contact us for more details.
- Bioreactor Projects:
- Deliverables are the raw tissue culture supernatant harvests from the bioreactor. For CL1000 Bioreactors this is approximately 200 – 250mL at 0.5mg/mL specific antibody. For CL350 Bioreactors 60 – 100mL at 0.5mg/mL specific antibody. All raw bioreactor material is in DMEM complete media plus 5% IgG-stripped FBS. Purification of the bioreactor harvests is available upon request. Contact us for more details.
- Ascites Projects:
- Deliverables are the prepared raw ascites fluid (prepared = pooled, spun and filtered). With mouse hybridomas 3 – 5mL ascites fluid per mouse is generated. Ascites ranges from 1 – 20mg/mL specific antibody. Purification of the ascites fluid is available upon request.
Contact us for more details.
What are the advantages and disadvantages between Bioreactor generated antibody and Ascites generated antibody?
In vitro – Bioreactor
|Low variation in quality between batches of antibody||Lower level of specific antibody – Range: 0.2 – 1mg/mL|
|No contamination with murine pathogens||Bioreactors are more costly than mice and labour intensive|
|Absence of contaminating host mouse IgGs||Use of fetal bovine serum in media|
|Can produce large volumes in weeks||Potential for change in DNA in the hybridoma. Prolonged culture of hybridoma cell line not recommended|
|100% monoclonal in a well defined media||Bioreactor flasks can become easily contaminated with improper care|
In vivo – Ascites
|High level of specific antibody – Range: 1 – 20 mg/mL||Animal welfare aspects: ip injection of primer; effects of primer after administration; ip inoculation of hybridoma cells; growth of tumor cells in abdominal cavity|
|Relatively low costs of production and not labour intensive||Variability in the capacity of hybridomas to elicit ascites|
|Most (but not all) hybridoma cell lines grow after intraperitoneal administration||Potential for change of DNA in the hybridoma|
|Contamination with host mouse immunoglobulin (10-20%)|
Ultimate decision between in vitro and in vivo is dependent on the end use of your antibody. Contact us to discuss your antibody requirements.